Paul Howitt of DCRE brokered a full land assembly and full lease up of over 100,000 square feet in what is now known as Campus Corners – a mixed use retail and office plaza located directly across from the main UOIT / Durham College Campus.
- Initially the site was just over an acre, comprising the former Ab’s Motorcycle shop and yard.
- Leases were negotiated totaling approximately 8,000 with various national retail tenants.
- Immediately prior to site plan submittal, the site area was placed under an interim control by-law, freezing all development until a Secondary Plan was completed for the zone.
- During that period Paul contacted an adjacent land owner and submitted a proposal to combine the two properties and increase density on a new site.
- Brokered two long term land leases – the original one acre abs motorcyle site, as well as an adjacent 4 acre site that was slated for residential development.
- Paul reached out to his national retail tenant network, leveraged his knowledge of the local market and got commitments from major retail tenants so that the project would be ready for construction as soon as the by-law was lifted.
- Buyer Representation
- Land Assembly
- Institutional Leasing
- Landlord Representation
- Land Leasing
- Zoning and Planning Consulting
- Retail Development Leasing
- Office Development Leasing
- Sale / Leaseback
After the interim control by-law was lifted, Paul quickly leased the full development of over 80,000 square feet to national retailers and the University. The building is now a landmark for students, faculty and residents of the City.