When Trios College decided to expand their Oshawa Campus, they turned to Paul Howitt of DCRE for his depth of market expertise to assist in procuring a new facility.
- Tenant had outgrown their space and was looking to expand their footprint within Oshawa.
- Their requirements included public transit, ample parking, substantial data and available fibre optic infrastructure.
- Client had branding specific design and standards that the building would have to accommodate.
- Paul put together an extensive list of opportunities; including an off market opportunity for a fitness centre that was looking to transition out of its location at 200 John Street West in what is now the Mid Town Centre.
- Paul started negotiations with the Landlord Rio-Can REIT to structure a deal on behalf of the client Trios College.
- Because of the change in use from and the costs involved, Paul needed to structure a deal in which the Landlord could assist with some of the upfront costs, and the Tenant could provide the Landlord with the additional security required to cover these costs.
Trios College’s Oshawa Campus is one of the busiest private college campuses in the Durham Region. They have been able to expand easily due to the structure of the deal that was originally crafted on their behalf.